Wednesday 24 February 2016

2016 Camp at Sixtus Lodge Highlight.

As we walked through the gates bored from the last activity Hugo and 2 horses greeted me. "Choose to ride Herculies if you like a slow steady pace." Hugo Said. No no I want a fast horse I told him. "Ok then ride that horse there." Hugo said back. Let's see that horse is... Gerald (Fast forword to after the girls turn.)

 I slowly mounted Gerald and gripped the reins tightly. Then he started moving forward. I patted him and he twitched in return. My guide told me that he has a twitching problem and he can't help it. I told him "Stop twitching uncontrollably." We got to the end of the walk and we went on the obstical course. He weaved through the the sticks so I could pick up the rusted can and dump it on the other end. Then we weaved the barrels and walked onto the plank of wood. Then by natural instincts he walked back to his part of the fence.

This made me want to get back into horse riding lessons

(Note: this actually happened and no horses were injured.)

Now here's me feeding Gerald!

1 comment:

  1. Great to thank the horse with a feed. Do you run a spell check before posting? ... Or was there an obstacle to this?

    ReplyDelete